Raci Casing Spacers
With the information below and using our selection charts, the type and number of spacer elements required for each ring and how far they will be spaced can be determined.
The selection of spacer type depends on the following dimensions:
- exact carrier pipe O.D.
- exact bell, flange or coupling O.D.
- exact casing Pipe I.D.
- clearance desired between casing and carrier pipe
- length of application
- linear weight of filled carrier pipe.
Simplified Spacer Selection
Raci Specification suggestion for Casing Spacer
Casing spacers are used to install carrier pipes inside the encasement pipe in order to provide support around the periphery of the pipe should it twist as it is pushed through the casing. Appropriate spacer selection and installation provides the best long-term protection.
All Raci Insulators and Spacers meet the following criteria for separating casing and carrier pipes:
- Ensuring electrical insulation between two pipes
- Permanently prevent bells from sliding or resting on casing pipe
- Fastens tightly on the carrier pipe to ensure no horizontal movement during installation.
- Made of materials which do not conduct electricity and are permanently resistant to chemical corrosion.
- Resistance to both mechanical and thermal shock and stresses particularly during installation.
Raci Spacers are simple to install. Please ensure the contact zone between the carrier pipe and spacer is taped with a self amalgamating or biluminous tape.